5.7.10

Independence Day (part one)

You have to love a Nation that celebrates its Independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw Frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness. You may think you have overeaten, but this is patriotism - Erma Bombeck
Although my Independence Day did not quite play out in the aforementioned way, I still nonetheless had a marvelous day. The perfect lazy Sunday began with a leisurely lounging around the house as B and I waited for the scorching sun to take pity on us before we ventured out.

Our adventure began with a trip to Princeton Record Exchange where hours were spent perusing the many, many titles offered. Thirty five dollars later we happily walked away with an eclectic yet pleasing mix.


We continued our Princeton excursion with stopping by The Bent Spoon where we indulged our sweet tooth with some of the yummiest ice cream my tongue has ever encountered - Hazelnut for B, Sicilian Blood Orange for yours truly.

The evening continued on with a visit to Borders and a happy me walking away with yet another book.

Dinner at Penang concluded our night out.
As a first time visitor I had a difficult time deciding between which dish(es) to hone in on but pleasantly selected the Crispy Honey Squid as my appetizer and Pi Pa Duck with a side of White Rice for my entree. However much I enjoyed my meal, it could not have competed with the deliciousness that was ordered by B- Mango Chicken creatively served in two halves of a mango.

- Crispy Honey Squid - that I was too busy enjoying before I realized I wanted to take a photo (hence, a good portion of the plate is empty)



- Pi Pa Duck - again, I got ahead of myself, ate most of the 1/2 of duck and then realized I wanted to take a photo



- Mango Chicken - the yummiest of the dishes ordered. No wonder B has been ordering the same meal for the past 8 years







1 comment:

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...