10.7.10

The College Life, Take 2

There is nothing better in life than giving up financial independence, free time, a carefree existence, time with cherished friends and family, all for the purpose of pursuing a dream. This dream that I speak of was more of a passion, a passion to obtain a greater fulfillment from my life expressed through serving others.

I followed my dream wholeheartedly, my mind shielding me from remembering the penniless existence I used to lead as a [first time] college student. The little naive me that I was, only some 15 months ago, happily threw caution to the wind and embarked on said dream by giving up my adulthood life and all the luxuries that came with it.

Now, the older and wiser me yearns for the simple luxuries of life- a homemade meal, like the ones I used to make from scratch (and let's not forget the Love added in for good measure).

So, yesterday I couldn't help but laugh at myself when I unpacked my groceries and to my amused horror had bought -

ben and jerry

marshmallows

And ate this for dinner:

cherries ice tea marshmallow

I must say, this takes me back to the days of being a [first time] college student on a small budget and a diet consisting of tater tots, Ramen Noodle Soup and Snapple Ice Tea.

Guess I've upgraded to fancier noodles, added a little nutrition to my meal, and now pay $2 for a half gallon ice tea. Yep, life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...